Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Sedat Akayoglu

Hi, my name is Sedat Akayoglu. I graduated from Department of English Language and Literature Hacettepe University in 2002 and worked as an English teacher for two years.
Then I started working as a research assistant at the Department of English Language Teaching Abant Izzet Baysal University in 2004 and got my MA degree at this department writing a thesis titled "The Functions of Negotiation of Meaning in Synchronous Text Based Computer Mediated Communication" in 2006.

At present I am a research assistant and a PhD candidate at the Department of English Language Teaching Middle East Technical University in Ankara, Turkey. This term I taught Advanced Reading and Writing I course at the university and we used PBwiki, Nicenet, Blogger and Wordpress in our classes. Next term, I will teach Advanced Reading and Writing II and I am planning to use Second Life for the class.

My main interest topics are Computer Assisted Language Learning, Computer Mediated Communication, Discourse Analysis and Ethnography of Communication. URL: http://www.ibu.edu.tr/akademik/sakayoglu . Yahoo ID = sakayoglu, Skype ID = sakayoglu, Second Life = Sedat Usher


This photo was taken in Drama course at Abant Izzet Baysal University. Fourth year students were preparing for a drama performance and when this photo was taken some of the students were on the stage and some were working for costumes, decoration and music.



This photo was taken in 2003 when I was working at Anatolian High School of Fine Arts. We performed Moliere's Miser with these high school students and I was also on the stage with my students but the audience did not notice that the teacher was also acting.

No comments: