Sunday, January 18, 2009

Andrea Henderson

Hello everyone,
My name is Andrea Henderson and although I have taught English in the past, I am currently teaching French levels I-IV at Elkins High School in Missouri City, Texas. Several years ago, I took a three week process writing course called the New Jersey Writing Project. I am a firm believer in using the writing process in second language writing as well. I have a Masters of Liberal Arts and I also believe in using as many interdisciplinary connections as possible.

I have always been interested in technology. Being able to combine my love of learning new things as well as my love of technology has allowed me to find exciting new things for my students. I have also been able to increase my own proficiency in French as well.

Using authentic materials in my class is important to me and a year ago I started blogging with my students http://mmehenderson.typepad.com . Blogging with my students has been a wonderful experience for both me and my students and I'd like to find new strategies for writing to exploit the blog to its fullest.

I expect to learn new strategies and to network with my colleagues here. Although my Master's degree is fairly recent I do need to experience what it is like to be a student again so that I create the best learning experience for my students.

I have been teaching for 23 years and I still love teaching. I sponsor both the French Club and the National French Honor Society and I consider myself very lucky to be able to know my students outside of the regular classroom. My students are fantastic and I want to give them the best instruction possible.


No comments: