Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Joel Bloch



I am taking two EVO sessions this session.I have taught ESL composition for about 15 years. I have a PhD in Rhetoric from Carnegie Mellon University and a MA in Education/TESOL from the University of Michigan. I recently published a book on the use of technology in the L2 composition classroom. I have a number of publications on plagiarismthe use of technology in composition class, and academic writing. I have served as guest editor for a special issue of Language, Learning, & Technology on technology and writer as a reviewer for a number of academic journals.  I am currently teaching a variety of academic courses to graduate and undergraduate international students and a graduate course on teaching composition, including one composition course that focues entirely on plagiarism. I have been married for twenty-five years. My wife is from Guangzhou, China. I have a 10-year old daughter who attends the Columbus School for Girls. 

1 comment:

Berta said...

Hi Joel,

How interesting to meet you here in this session. I read your article on blogging for my promotion thesis and you appear in my references!!!!!!
I am very honored to be participating here with you and I am sure we will learn tons from your experiences.

Best, Berta in Caracas